Government of India has decided to take Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2022) for all graduate programs like B.A./B.A. Honours, B. Com, BSc, etc and not std 12th marks.
National Testing Agency (NAT) has been entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the Undergraduate entrance tests for all the Central Universities (CUs) for the academic session 2022-2023. Common University Entrance Test CUET will provide a single window opportunity to students to seek admission in any of the Central Universities (CUs) across the country.
The Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode. The aspirants who desire to appear for the test, may refer to the Information Bulletin for admission to Undergraduate programmes of the desired Central Universities (CUs) for admission into the Undergraduate Programmes.
The details of the programmes offered by Central Universities (CUs) are being made available on their respective websites.
Online Application Forms for Undergraduate Programmes will open from 02.04.2022, the link for the same will be made available on the official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/. Candidates who wish to appear for Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG) – 2022 are advised to go through the required eligibility of the desired University/ Universities for selecting the options from UG Programmes being offered. The Application will be open from 02.04.2022 to 30.04.2022.
- 1 Examination Structure for CUET (UG) – 2022:
- 2 Broad features of CUET – 2022 are as follows:
- 3 Syllabus of CUET 2022:
- 4 Registration for CUET (UG) – 2022
- 5 Schedule of Examination for CUET (UG) -2022
- 6 Contacts for queries of CUET 2022
- 7 List of Central Universities for CUET (UG) -2022
Examination Structure for CUET (UG) – 2022:
CUET (UG) – 2022 will consist of the following 4 Sections:
1. Section IA – 13 Languages
2. Section IB – 20 Languages
3. Section II – 27 Domain specific Subjects
4. Section III – General Test
Choosing options from each Section is not mandatory. Choices should match the requirements of the desired University.
Broad features of CUET – 2022 are as follows:
There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen.
|Questions to be Attempted
40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each language
Language to be used through Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages- Factual Literary and Narrative,
[Literary aptitude and vocabulary]
45 minutes for each language
|There are 20 Languages. Any other language apart from those offered in Section IA may be chosen.|
|There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this Section. A candidate may choose a maximum of Six(06) Domains as desired by the applicable University/ Universities.||40 Questions to be attempted out of 50||
||45 minutes for each Domain specific subject|
|Section III- General Test||For many such undergraduate programme/s being offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission||60 Questions to be attempted out of 75||
* Languages for choosing medium (13): Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu
** Languages (20): French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.
Domain Specific Subjects (27) of CUET 2022;
- 1.Accountancy/ Book Keeping
- 2.Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- 3.Business Studies
- 5.Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- 6.Economics/ Business Economics
- 7.Engineering Graphics
- 11.Home Science
- 12.Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- 13.Legal Studies
- 14.Environmental Science
- 16.Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- 18.Political Science
- 21.Teaching Aptitude
- 23. Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- 25.Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts,
- 26. Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Oddisi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theatre (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion),
- 27. Sanskrit.
- A Candidate can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB taken together. However, the third language chosen needs to be in lieu of 6th domain specific Subject chosen by the candidate – as applicable (so the maximum number of tests to be taken remains 9 only i.e. 2 Languages+6 Domain Specific Subjects+1 General Test OR 3 Languages+5 Domain Specific Subjects+1 General Test: flexibility being provided to help a candidate apply for many Universities depending on their eligibility conditions).
- Section II offers 27 Subjects, out of which a candidate may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects.
- Section III comprises General Test.
- For choosing Languages from Section IA and IB and domain specific Subjects from Section II and General Test under Section III, the Candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended University.
Mode of the Test– Computer Based Test-CBT.
Test Pattern- Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Medium- 13 languages ( Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu)
Syllabus of CUET 2022:
- Section IA & IB: Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary].
- Section II : As per NCERT model syllabus as applicable to Class XII only.
- Section III : General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/stat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Registration for CUET (UG) – 2022
Registration will be online at https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/. (available from 02.04.2022)
Level of questions for CUET (UG) -2022:
All questions in various testing areas will be benchmarked at the level of Class XII only. Students having studied Class XII Board syllabus would be able to do well in CUET (UG) – 2022.
Number of attempts for CUET (UG) -2022
If any University permits students of previous years of class XII to take admission in the current year also, such
students would also be eligible to appear in CUET (UG) – 2022.
Choice of Languages and Subjects for CUET (UG) -2022:
Generally the languages/subjects chosen should be the ones that a student has opted in his latest Class XII Board
examination. However, if any University permits any flexibility in this regards, the same can be exercised under
CUET (UG) -2022 also. Candidates must carefully refer to the eligibility requirements of various Central
Universities in this regard. Moreover, if the subject to be studied in the Undergraduate course is not available in
the list of 27 Domain Specific Subject being offered, the Candidate may choose the Subject closest to his/her
choice for e.g. For Biochemistry the candidate may choose Biology.
Schedule of Examination for CUET (UG) -2022
Examination will be conducted on multiple days in two shifts, depending on the number of Candidates and
Languages/Tests taken by them.
Candidates are advised to visit the NTA CUET (UG)-2022 official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ , (available from 02.04.2022) for latest updates regarding the Examination.
Contacts for queries of CUET 2022
For any queries/ clarifications, candidates can also call at the NTA Helpline number 011-40759000 or 011-6922
7700 or write to NTA at email@example.com (Dr. Sadhana Parashar) Senior Director (Exams)
सम्पर्क सूत्र / Helpline Number: +91-11-40759000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
वेबसाइट / Website www.nta.ac.in, https://cuet.samarth.ac.in
List of Central Universities for CUET (UG) -2022