As per Nowrosjee Wadia College &
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU),
SYBA Psychology Syllabus (CBCS 2019 Pattern)
DSE-2A : Developmental Psychology
Unit- I: Introduction to Lifespan Development
1- The Life-Span Perspective: The Importance of Studying Life- Span Development, Characteristics of the Life-Span Perspective, Some Contemporary Concerns
2- The Nature of Development: Biological, Cognitive, and Socio emotional Processes, Periods of Development, The Significance of Age, Developmental Issues
3- Theories of Development: Psychoanalytic Theories, Cognitive Theories, Behavioral and Social Cognitive Theories, Ethological Theory, Ecological Theory, Eclectic Theoretical Orientation
4-Research in Life-Span Development: Methods for Collecting Data, Research Designs, Time Span of Research.
Unit- II: Biological Beginnings & Prenatal Development
1- Genetic foundation of Development: The Collaborative Genes, Genes and Chromosomes, Genetic Principles, Chromosomal and Gene linked Abnormalities
2- Heredity and Environment interaction: The nature × Nurture Debate.
Unit – III: Infancy
1- Physical growth and development in infancy
2- Motor, Sensory and Perceptual Development, Cognitive Development
3- a) Piaget’s Theory of Infant Development
b) Learning, Remembering, and Conceptualizing
4- Language Development
- Feldman, R. S., & Babu, N. (2011). Discovering the Life Span. Indian subcontinent adaptation, New Delhi: Dorling Kindersley India pvt ltd.
- Berk, L. E. (2004). Development through the lifespan. (3 Ed). New Delhi: Pearson Education Dorling Kindersley India pvt ltd.
- Berk, L. E. (2006). Child Development. (7 Ed). New Delhi: Pearson Education Dorling Kindersley India pvt ltd.
- Cook, J. L., & Cook, G. (2009). Child Development: Principles and Perspectives. Boston: Pearson Education
- Crandell, T. L., Crandell, C. H., & Zanden, J. W. V. (2009). Human Development
- Dacey, J. S. & Travers, J. F. (2004). Human Development across the lifespan. (5 Ed). McGraw Hill co.