What is an Emotion?
- The Latin root word mot, meaning “to move,”
- Emotions are the “feeling” aspect of consciousness.
- Buck defined, ‘Emotion is the process by which the motivational potential is realized or “read out” when challenging stimuli activates it.’
- They are attitudes or responses to a situation or an object, like judgments. (Zemach, 2001)
- For example- Joy, Excitement, Tenderness, Sadness, Anger, Fear & Love, etc
What are Positive Emotions ?
Being outgoing and sociable goes together with the experience of positive emotions. A person might characteristically experience many positive emotion and many negative emotion, few of either, or more of one than the other.