- 1 Notification Ph.D. Entrance Examination (PET) 2019
- 184.108.40.206 Entrance Examination, which shall be a qualifying test.
- 220.127.116.11 Entrance Test Paper consists of 2 Parts
- 18.104.22.168 Schedule of Entrance Test
- 22.214.171.124 Duration & Timing of Entrance Exam :
- 126.96.36.199 Eligibility for admission to Ph. D. programme :
- 188.8.131.52 Exemption from appearing in Entrance Examination:
Notification Ph.D. Entrance Examination (PET) 2019
Online Applications are invited by the Savitribai Phule Pune University from all eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme in the University Departments & Recognized Research Centres. The candidate shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme by a two stage process through:-
Entrance Examination, which shall be a qualifying test.
- The Entrance Examination will be of 100 marks with multiple choice type questions(MCQ).
- Personal Interview of candidates qualifying in Entrance Test/ Candidates exempted from Entrance Examination, to be conducted as per procedure prescribed in due course.
Entrance Test Paper consists of 2 Parts
- Research Methodology – 50 Marks
- Subject Specific – 50 Marks
- Total : 100 Marks
- Total Questions: 100
No negative marking system.
Schedule of Entrance Test
- Last date of filling online applications : 15/06/2019
- Date of online Ph.D. Entrance Examination : 07/07/2019
- Publication of result on the University website : 07/07/2019
Online admit card (Hall Ticket) should be downloaded by the candidates 5 days before the online examination, using the same login ID and Password. Candidate should take the print out of the Hall Ticket. No separate certificate of result will be issued by the University.
Duration & Timing of Entrance Exam :
- 2 Hours, 11.00 am to 01.00 pm
- Standard of passing : General Category : 50% marks & Reserved Category : 45 % marks
The Entrance Examination will be conducted at centre(s) to be notified by the University. Change of centre(s), if any, will be notified well in advance. —
Eligibility for admission to Ph. D. programme :
- Master’s degree or a professional degree (at least 55% / B Grade UGC 7-point scale). A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra
- M.Phil. course work with at least 55% or ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same institution in an integrated programme. M.Phil. students of SPPU whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
Exemption from appearing in Entrance Examination:
- Candidates qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF)
- Candidates who have passed M. Phil. Programme of the Savitribai Phule Pune University will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme.
- FEES :
- For Open Category – Rs. 1000/- :
- For Reservation Category – Rs. 750/-
- Exempted from appearing Entrance Examination :
- For Open Category – Rs. 800/-
- For Reservation Category – Rs. 600/-
Mode of payment:- = Payment method using online payment. Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION
- Application is available online on the website:http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/phd_entrance/applicant/login.aspx
- Before filling the online application, please check the vacant positions for admission displayed on the University website.
The candidate shall upload the following documents along with Online Application: all necessary documents Ex. Marks Statement of Master’s Degree, Caste Certificate in case of Reserved Category Candidates (if applicable),etc.
The University has discontinued ‘Stipend to All’ scheme and instead ‘J.R.D. Tata 100 Meritorious Fellowships’ have been introduced, where fellowships are offered on merit by following independent procedures.
- Admission does not guarantee Hostel facility or any kind of financial support in any form like Scholarship, fellowship, Earn & Learn etc. The University has an independent procedure for offering such benefits.
- Candidates are NOT required to submit printout of application/documents to the University after online submission of application. However, these documents are to be submitted at the time of personal interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected without assigning any reason and no correspondence will be entertained by the University in this regard.
- No request for change in any information submitted in the online form will be entertained by the University.
- The medium of exam English language for all faculties, except for subject Marathi and Hindi in the Faculty of Humanities Sanskrit, Pali, French etc.
- Online registration process will be treated as completed only after the required certificates and application are uploaded on http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/phd_entrance/applicant/login.aspx on or before 15/06/2019.